Monday, December 30, 2013

Range for Change

As this year comes to a close, I decided that it was time for a change. My life has been changing rapidly lately and I wanted my outward appearance to reflect that. One of my favorite broadway shows (that happens to be closed now), Legally Blonde, had a statement that states that love is the reason behind all "bad" hair decisions. Well, I would say that when applying those words to my life, it would be said more like… Love is the reason behind all FABULOUS hair decisions. I am in love with my life so what did I do, I made a FABULOUS hair decision. 


What is there not to love about life? There are so many opportunities awaiting. I live in paradise, am so blessed, have a fantastic family, the best friends and am surrounded by beauty everywhere I go. I have been given the opportunity to learn a new language and live abroad for 18 months in the beautiful country of Argentina as I share my beliefs with others. I have been given so many talents and I feel as if I can do whatever I put my mind to. This year has been full of changes, but with each change brought new experiences and memories that I will treasure for ever. 


So if you haven't noticed, I am no longer the cliche hawaiian blonde babe. Back to the natural color for this island chick and I am adoring this change. I have always been one who accepts change and welcomes it with open arms. I guess that is why I have had every hair color in the book and change my wardrobe every few months. I am the type of person who is never content and I believe that allows this life to be far more interesting. Who wants to do the same thing every single day of their life? Not me, the Retro Girl loves an adventure and this new "do" added some adventure to my look.


As the New Year approaches, I think of the new changes I want to make this year, what dreams I want to accomplish, goals I want to set, people I want to meet, places I want to see, and the life I want to live. I feel that by setting goals and having this visions of life in your mind, one is able to truly grow. I have always been a dreamer. I have dreamed of my design studio above Park Avenue where I will someday make some of the most beautiful dresses the world has ever seen, but for now, I have to take the baby steps towards this goal and my style diaries this week, sum up my enthusiasm for my future. I am a girl who wants to stand out, just as this look stands out. My future is bright and exotic, because I believe that it is. Believing in yourself is all that it takes.



This look consists of:
H&M White Sequin Collared Blouse
Ann Taylor Leopard Blazer
Ann Taylor Orange Cords 
Ann Taylor Brown Wedge Boots
Coach Eggplant Bag
Betsey Johnson Leopard Ring


Here is to the final days of 2013! Make them the best you can and go out with a bang!

Till Next Time My Pretties! 
Xoxo
-The "Brown Haired" Retro Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment