Monday, December 23, 2013

"Fur"vently Festive


 Countdown to Christmas is down to two small days! Where has the year gone? I feel like Christmas should be in a few months, not a few days. But ready or not, here it comes. As I sit here, sipping my eggnog in my Christmas jammies, I realize that being home has inspired me to try all the winter trends that I have been experiencing withdrawals from while abiding in paradise. 
My fur vest happened to be number two on my list. First comes leather, second comes fur, and third comes... [insert every other winter trend here]. 


I wanted to make this outfit be festive, yet not the cliche "I Am Going To A Holiday Party" look. I chose to use my Banana Republic Red and Cream Striped Blouse with neckline detail as the foundation for this piece. I then added my High Waist Banana Republic Dark Straight Jeans, and topped the look off with my Forever 21 Faux Fur Vest. I wore Sperry's as my shoes and I loved this look. I feel like it was the perfect balance between casual and festive. I mean we still have two days till Christmas, we cannot break out the Santa Sweaters quite yet right?!


This fur vest actually has a story to it which symbolizes me as woman. My senior year of high school, I bought this vest and I was SO excited to wear it. To this day I can remember the first time I sported it to my small, narrow-minded, fashion absent, high school. I was wearing orange cord jeans from Ann Taylor, an H&M cream blouse, my Betsey Johnson combat boots, and this vest. I was so proud of this outfit and I loved it. When I reached school that day, the looks that I received were far from loving. Students and teachers alike gave me the rudest looks and the snottiest comments. Everyone hated it but I did not care. I was one of the only girls in my high school who loved fashion and everyone knew it. I was the weird girl who dressed "funny" everyday, but that never stopped me. I wore this vest all the time and I could care less what anyone had to say about it. I loved it, and that was all that mattered. I used to always tell myself when I would get strange looks for my outfits, "Someday, you'll wear this in New York and everyone will love you." Oh wait, I still do tell myself this. I guess some things never change! I cannot wait for the day when New York will FINALLY have me to love unconditionally.


 What I learned from this vest, teaches me just what kind of person I want to be. I could care less what people think about me, my life, my choices, and mostly, my style. Fashion is my safe haven. It is where my calling is and although many people believe that my dream to be a couture designer is out of reach, I could care less because I know that I can do it. And that is what makes me different. I believe that I can be exactly what and who I want to be. I also believe that everyone should try and be different and do all those things that they have always wanted to do because if you don't do them, who will?


It is scary to think that yet another year is coming to a close. I am so thankful that I get to spend time with my family and friends during this beloved time. I am so grateful for my love for fashion and for all of you, precious followers. You always listen to my rants on latest trends, styles, and most importantly life. Fashion is life. I show who I am through my style and once an individual can tie together their style and their personality, that is when fashion can become a thrill like it is for me. Every outfit I wear symbolizes me in one way or another. This vest symbolizes my growth in this industry and I vow to continue growing...
 and wearing this beautiful fur of course! 

Be sure to relax and enjoy this time my festive followers! 

Holiday Cheers All Around!
Till Next Time!
Xoxo
-The Retro Girl 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit!! I love it! I have always been a fan of those vest but scared to get one myself... I decided to get a Jessica Simpson one one time but i had waited too long and it was sold out haha I haven't seen one since. Thanks so much for sharing and you totally have a new follower in me! :) Feel free to visit my blog and leave me any tip or advice! I would love to get more followers! Happy Holidays!

    www.blondefashionhappy.blogspot.com

    <3 Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and love the outfit! I love furry coats but I live in a hot country, but I still love them :D

    Emma
    xo

    http://wondererofe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete