Sunday, December 29, 2013

Retro Heads To The South, of America That Is

Well followers, I have HUGE news! I recently turned in my paperwork to become a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. By doing this, I committed to serving ANYWHERE in the world. I waited for 13 dreadful days for the white envelope to come in the mail which would tell me where I am headed, what I am speaking and when I would be leaving. 


Well, on Thursday, December 26th, the envelope arrived. 


I waited for four long hours (I do not have the greatest patience) for my family and friends to arrive and I stood front and center ready to open the envelope that contained my fait for the next 18 months. 

I picked up the envelope, ripped it open, and read:


Dear Sister Root, 
You are here by called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday May 7th, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language!


I was ecstatic  Of course I dreamed of heading to Europe or New York City, but nothing ever felt so right. I knew that Argentina was exactly where I was supposed to be. Although it will be far less than the glam future that I envision New York City or Paris eventually will bring me, I know that by devoting 18 months to service I will feel more fabulous than ever. I feel that by giving myself up to my Heavenly Father in May for this short time, I will find myself and be ready to take on my dreams in the city and be ready to make my impact on the fashion industry as I envision myself doing. Being young is  a beautiful thing. I am so lucky to be able to put everything behind me and serve. Once I am settled with a career and family, I will never be able to do something like this. This is me fulfilling my bucket list and living my life to the fullest because you will never get these youthful years back. 





I am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve the people in Buenos Aires and I know that somewhere out there, there is someone who is going to need my help there. I am so excited to serve and am counting down the days till May! If you have any questions about what I will be doing or my religion feel free to email me at sheyannelyn@gmail.com or check out Mormon.org!

Till Next Time!
Xoxo
-The Retro Girl 

1 comment:

  1. This is so AMAZING!!! You should know how inspiring you are, Sheyanne :)
    I am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear more about your journey!
    You seem like such a giving person and such an all-around lovely person :D
    Congratulations! I actually lived in Argentina when I was younger for a couple of years--it was my first language but sadly I forgot everything. My parents and my sister fluently talk though! It's amazing youre going there and even though it is the typical dream to go someplace like New York City or Europe like you said, YOU ARE YOUNG! Whatever you do in life whether it be in the fashion industry or not, you will do amazing things with your attitude :)
    Best of luck with everything! xx
    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete