Well congrats to the Retro Renegade for being nominated for its first ever award! A huge shout out to Lauren Elise (check out her blog at laureneliise.blogspot.com) who so graciously nominated The Retro Renegade for the Liebster Award. For those of you who do not know, the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who show that they have potential in the blogging world. The award allows you to become connected with other bloggers around the world and post links to some of your favorite up and coming bloggers!
Here are the rules!
- Make a post about the Liebster Award and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Tell 11 interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions of the blogger who nominated you
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Facts About Me
- I have a dream of being a couture gown designer and someday living in a Pent House overlooking 5th avenue
- My idol is Oscar De La Renta
- I have a phobia of public restrooms
- My comfort food is gelato. It reminds me of my time in Italy and always perks me up
- The ocean is my meditation. That is where I go to think, sketch, and figure out my life
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that brings me the most joy in life.
- I have a goal to travel the entire world
- I dream of being Blair Waldorf (actually I pretend I am Blair Waldorf)
- I have two Chinese sisters who are my entire world
- I always dreamed of going to the first Chanel in Paris and when I finally got the opportunity, I started bawling on Charles de Gaulle Avenue like a little girl
- I live my life by my emotions and how I feel about something. I do not do something unless it "feels" right. (Yes, I am that person) My emotions are my greatest gift as well as my greatest weakness
If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
I know that I will live in New York City someday soon but besides that, I would LOVE to live in Italy. It is on my bucket list.
What is your favorite article of clothing?
My Betsey Johnson Peacoat. Seeing that I live in Hawaii, I happened to leave it at home in Oregon but I cannot wait to wear it someday soon!
What is the best movie you've ever seen?
I will forever and always be addicted to Breakfast at Tiffany's.
What is your favorite TV show?
Gossip Girl with Pretty Little Liars coming in second.
What inspires you?`
Trials. I feel like some of my greatest work comes from me overcoming a trial. I have a way of turning the bad into good and learning from all that life throws at me. I also find inspiration through music. I always listen to Sunshine Indie Pop as I am sketching, it brings life to my work.
A quote to live by.
"If your dreams do not scare you, they aren't big enough."
What is your favorite type of music?
Indie and Reggae.
Favorite social media?
Instagram. I have an addiction. @sheyannelyn
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was the only person where I grew up that was interested in fashion. By having a blog, I could show my talent, vent about fashionista problems, and connect with others who have the same passions as I do.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people are close-minded and unaware of others feelings.
Coffee or Tea?
Herbal Tea, yes please!
Jackie - www.voyagevogue.blogspot.com
1. What is your signature look?
2. Who is your fashion icon?
3. If you could live in any fashion capital, which city would it be?
4. What is the quote you live by?
5. Why are you interested in fashion?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What is the make up product you SWEAR by?
8. What is your favorite trend?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. If you could become a member of any television series, which one would you pick and why?
Till Next Time!
-The Retro Girl