Sunday, November 10, 2013

Vibrant Rains

After a long week of essay writings and analytical thoughts, I was much looking forward to a classy weekend in Downtown Honolulu. A few weekends ago, we spotted a cute little theater in the Capital District of the city where the palm trees were covered in lights and starbucks were common. (Much better than the desolate North Shore views I am used to). We spent the afternoon shopping and walking around in the "delightful" rainstorm that had been upon us the majority of the day. But we had our Pumpkin steamers in hand to keep us warm and the hottest retail to soothe our souls. 


When planning my outfit I wanted to go with something that was a little warmer due all of the rain, yet fun and flirty. I wanted sophisticated while keeping my adolescent charm. I chose to go with my drop waist Gap dress that is a mid-tone pink with floral detail. I love this dress! You can dress it up or play it down for any occasion. I chose to add a brown statement belt and a printed American Eagle Outfitters infinity scarf. I added my Nine West floral satchel and my BareTrap gladiator sandals from Macy's.





I felt as though this was the perfect outfit for the "Upper East Side" of Honolulu. Hawaii's style is very relaxed and I feel as though this outfit lets me show my fashionista side while keeping the calm Hawaiian vibes present.


These rains might have intended to bring down all around but I decided to put on some bright colors and appreciate nature's lovin'. 

Till Next Time
Xoxo
-The Retro Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment