Friday, August 16, 2013

You In Those Little High Waisted Shorts

Ever since the high waisted shorts trend started last summer, I fell in love but I could never find the perfect pair. My best friend and I searched goodwill old jean selection to attempt at our own DIY high waisted shorts but I happened to come across these at American Eagle Outfitters before I had a chance to make my own. I instantly fell in love! 


The fit was perfect and I loved how comfortable these shorts are! For years I would make fun of women who would wear high waisted jeans and refer to them as "Mom Jeans" but now I am the proud owner of "Mom Shorts" and I couldn't be happier! 


The shirt I am wearing is from Forever 21. It's a floral print high low blouse and perfect for spicing up any summer outfit! 
I also added a white bow headband from Rue 21 and brown Ray-Bans. 


 
These shorts are the perfect summer essential! But I cannot wait to attempt my own pair. I'm thinking about adding some studs on the front pockets and bleaching the bottoms to make an ombre effect. 

As I prepare to move to Hawaii, this outfit seems like the perfect look for just a day around the island. This look is so relaxed and has the perfect beachy feel. 


My sandals are from old navy and although they aren't the most comfortable shoes I own, I love the look so I suffer the pain. Beauty is pain right? And these sandals are sure beautiful! 


Hope your having a fantastic week! 

Xoxo
-The Retro Girl 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful outfit...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete